Art Journal with Pigment Powder Tutorial

by - 6:00 AM

Hi! Today I’m sharing a journal I altered using Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Pigment Powder.


This is what the journal  looked like originally, so first, I sprayed my journal cover and binding with white gesso (a paint mixture that acts as a primer).


Next, I created a gold spray mist using the Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Pigment Powder. I added 1/8 teaspoon of gold pigment powder into an empty spray bottle and added 1/4 cup water.

Using the techniques from this tutorial I began to alter my journal. After spraying and drying 2 -3 times I decided I didn't like it at all, using a paper towel I wiped the excess spray mist off...and I loved it! What you see now is what it looked like when I finished removing the excess.

I let it dry and then added stamping. I adhered my chipboard pieces using Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8″ and my metal adornments using Crafty Foam Tape - White.

Here are a few close-ups:




Embellishments
Creative Embellishments – music note borders, inspire word set
Petaloo & Prima Marketing – flowers
Tim Holtz – jump rings, baubles
Flying Unicorn – adornments
Prima Marketing – vintage trinkets
Marion Smith Designs – arrows
Dixi Crafts – metal corners
Fun Stampers Journey – twine
May Arts – web weave

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 

Products
Prima Marketing – journal, spray mist, stamp, 6”x 8” stamp block
Krylon – gesso
Heidi Swapp – stamp
Tim Holtz – distress ink
Faber-Castell – palette knife
Art Advantage – brush set
Darice – heat tool

Thanks for joining me today!

You May Also Like

0 comments