Gift Wrap Tutorial Featuring Christmastime

by - 6:00 AM

Hi! I'm still in the holiday spirit and with another holiday gathering to attend this weekend I still have a few gifts left to wrap. Today I’m sharing a gift wrap idea for those hard to wrap little gifts. Authentique's heavyweight papers are perfect to create gift boxes this holiday season. Give a gift that is fun and festive inside and out!


To create the base of your box start by cutting a sheet of paper into a square (the template shown below is 9" x 9", but you can cut any size square). Next, score 3" in from all four edges (the dotted lines shown below are where I scored my paper).


To create the lid start by cutting a sheet of paper into a square (the template shown below is 5 1/8" x 5 1/8" again, you can cut any size square, but it has to be 1/8" larger than your base). Next, score 1" in from all four edges (the dotted lines shown below are where I scored my paper).


Next, cut along the scored horizontal lines until you reach the vertical line (the pink lines shown below are where I cut my paper for both the base and lid).


Place adhesive as shown below; be careful not to cover the entire lid with adhesive, place a little bit along each edge of the center portion.



Next fold in each corner of the base and lid, the backside of each corner should cover your adhesive.


That's it, you should now have a box and lid!

Now it's time to decorate! I added double sided tape to the back of gold and red ribbon and ran it horizontally and vertically across my lid.


I then added double sided tape to the back of lace trim and ran it along the top of my box base.


I finished each box with bows, Christmastime "details", bells, snowflakes and ornaments.




Paper
Authentique Paper, Christmastime

Embellishments
Celebrate It & Offray – ribbon
Art Minds – bells
Michael’s – ornaments, snowflakes
Fun Stampers Journey – twine
Misc. – lace trim

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Products
Tim Holtz – distress ink

Thanks for joining me today!

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. and they all look totally fabulous Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, delicious looking, Erica! Great pictorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS!!!! Beautiful and fantastic tutorial!

    ReplyDelete