Altered Balloon Tutorial Featuring Adore

by - 6:00 AM

Hi! Today I’m sharing an altered balloon I created using the Adore Collection by Authentique Paper!


I started with 5 white cardstock hearts and traced each onto 5 different pieces of Adore Collection pattern paper.


I then cut out each traced heart and adhered it to a white cardstock heart to give it more rigidity.


Next, I scored each heart down the center and folded each heart in half. Then, using Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/2″ (tip: use a strong, permanent adhesive) I adhered the folded hearts together creating a balloon-like shape.


After my hearts were adhered together I used a small hole punch to place a hole 2" from the bottom. I threaded a piece of twine through the punched hole and each metal clip, knotting the twine to hold the metal clips in place. I then strung a piece of metal chain from metal clip to metal clip, attaching with jump rings.


To create the base of my balloon I made a box using this tutorial. I then cut a bamboo skewer (I nabbed one from the kitchen) into four equal pieces and placed one piece in each corner of my box at a 45 degree angle, gluing them in place. I let the glue dry overnight to ensure it dried completely and would support my balloon.

Finally, I began decorating my balloon with ribbon, flowers, gauze and Adore Collection "components" and "details".

Here are a few close-ups:





Paper
Authentique Paper, Adore

Embellishments
Authentique Paper, Adore – components, details
Manor House Creations & Prima Marketing – flowers
Recollections – metal clips
Tim Holtz, Ideaology – baubles, jumprings
Marion Smith Designs, Junque & Gems – key charm
Celebrate It – ribbon
May Arts – paper cord
Want 2 Scrap – pearls
Misc., metal chain

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Products
Beacon, Fabri-Tac – glue
Tim Holtz – distress ink

Thanks for joining me today!

You May Also Like

2 comments