Honor Tag Tutorial with Pennant Set

by - 6:00 AM

Hi! Today I’m sharing a tag I created using the Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Pennant Set.



First, I started with a denim-colored pennant from the Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Pennant Set. I placed Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8″ along the bottom of the pennant and then folded the bottom up a 1/4". Next, I folded the pennant in half and marked the center with a pin.

IMG_5747 IMG_5749-300x300 edited IMG_5750 IMG_5751

After I marked the center I unfolded the pennant, placed Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8″ diagonally in both corners, and then folded each corner towards the pin to create a pocket. Next, I placed Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8″ along both sides as well as the top and folded the sides in a 1/4" and the top down 1".

IMG_5752 IMG_5754IMG_5753 IMG_5755

Finally, I added machine stitching to my pocket to make it look similar to a denim pocket (I used a pencil and ruler to create my pattern and then stitched along the lines).

IMG_5757

Once my pocket was ready I began creating my tag. I started by placing adhesive along the edges of a tag using the E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Strips and then covered the tag with pattern paper. I then used a quatrefoil diecut to create a design to add to the background of my tag. Next, I adhered my diecut to my tag using a glue stick (our Adhesive Sheets 4x6" would have made my life simpler but I only had a glue stick).

IMG_5768 IMG_5769 IMG_5770

I actually cut two die cuts and placed one at the top and one at the bottom of my tag, and then trimmed the excess off. I covered the gap between the two diecut pieces with the denim-colored pocket I created. To give it dimension I adhered the pocket to my tag using a 3D Foam Creative Sheets Mix.

IMG_5771 IMG_5772 IMG_5773

I embellished my tag with a journaling card, stickers, flowers, ribbon, twine and metal accents. 

Here are a few close-ups:

IMG_4472 IMG_4473_ED IMG_4475_ED IMG_4474



Paper
Authentique Paper, Honor

Embellishments
Authentique Paper, Honor – details
Petaloo & Prima Marketing – flowers
Celebrate It – ribbon
Tim Holtz – jump rings, baubles
Fun Stampers Journey – twine
May Arts – wired beads
Misc. – airplane metal accent

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Glue Stick

Products
Taylor Expressions – diecut
Tim Holtz – distress ink

Thanks for joining me today!

You May Also Like

0 comments