A Recap of Creativation 2017

by - 6:00 AM

This is a sponsored post.

Hello. Happy Friday!

Gosh, it’s hard to believe that a little more than four weeks ago I was at Creativation (formerly CHA Mega Show) in Phoenix, AZ. I always plan on sharing more while I’m there, but then I’m walking around the show floor, watching demos, participating in make and takes, attending classes and workshops, and catching up with friends from around the world…and before I know it three days have come and gone and I’ve only shared one photograph. So, here’s a recap of the show!



This year Creativation was held at the Phoenix Convention Center in the heart of downtown Phoenix, AZ. The show floor was set up like a town square complete with park benches, lamp posts and street signs.



My first stop was Spellbinders. I absolutely loved their wood cactus displays, balloons and collection of new etched dies and cling rubber stamps.



Rose Mille. This company specializes in vintage crafting materials including imported embossed paper trims and glass glitter from Germany.



Altenew. I completed my first make and take at Altenew, I made a cute card using one of their new layering stamps. It was my first time using these stamps, but I loved them and learned that each stamp image can be used independently or in multi-steps to create layersso fun.



Eileen Hull. I've been following Eileen's Paper Trail travel adventures in her vintage camper, Scotty, since I wandered into her booth at the 2016 CHA Mega Show. This year I met Eileen in person and it was an absolute pleasure - she's friendly, sweet and down to earth. I also learned she lives just 15 miles from mehow awesome is that?



3M. Set up like a home, the 3M booth showcased how their many products can be used on a daily basis - from kitchen to garage workshop to home office.



Jillibean Soup. Reclaimed wood, rustic accents and corrugated aluminumthis display was ideal for showing off their Mix the Media products.



Darice. This booth boasted some of the coolest, most creative product displays featuring their Fairy Garden Accents, decorative knobs and wall hooks and All Things You™ yarn.





Tim Holtz. Not only are his products amazing, his booth and various displays in other booths, like Sizzix, are too. The eclectic mix of vintage finds and completed projects perfectly showcase his signature product lines. I also had the opportunity to watch him demo his new distress oxide and distress oxide reinkers.





American Crafts. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the American Crafts booths but I was too busy checking out all of their new products. Plus, I think I was still in shock from having met Amy Tangerine and Heidi Swapp in real life! Both were just as lovely in person as they are on social media.





Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. It's a privilege to design for this company and I was thrilled to share two make and takes throughout the weekend. I showed off their brand new foil (being released soon in a variety of colors): foil + 3D foam products = winning combination!



Authentique Paper. I {heart} Authentique...but who doesn't, really? It's also a privilege to design for this company and it was wonderful to see Sam, Brett and the crew again this year. They have a number of amazing collections being released soonyou're going to love and want them all!



Graphic 45. Year after year this booth never ceases to amaze me, it's always jammed packed with fabulous projects sure to inspire using their new products.



My last stop was Echo Park Paper Co. Touring this bright, happy and fun booth was the perfect way to end a perfect weekend.



Well, that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed the recap of Creativation.




I received compensation in exchange for writing this review. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.

You May Also Like

0 comments